DELIVERY DRIVER - ABOUT THE JOB
Do you know why Domino's hires so many drivers? Well, the truth is we're growing so fast, it's hard to keep up. Families all across the nation love Domino's delicious pizza, sandwiches, pasta and wings. We're the perfect solution for dinner. And there are LOTS of deliveries!
Domino's offers a flexible schedule with the hours you're looking for. That means you're free when you need to be. You'll have plenty of time left over for school, to hang with your friends or whatever. Even if you need a second job for some extra cash, Domino's is the perfect place for you.
Right now, Domino's is looking for qualified drivers to staff stores in your area. Whether it's your main-gig or supplemental job, Domino's wants to put you in the driver's seat. Apply Now!
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record and criminal background check meeting company standards.
Delivery Drivers must have access to an insured vehicle which can be used for delivery and should possess navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within designated delivery area and must be able to navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings.
Many of our team members began their careers as delivery drivers and today are successful Domino's franchise owners. From delivery driver to management, general manager to franchisee or corporate operations, our stores offer a world of opportunity!
Our mission is to recognize, appreciate, value and utilize the unique talents and contributions of all individuals. To create an environment where all team members, because of their differences, can reach their highest potential. We take pride in our team members and our team members take pride in Domino's. Being the best pizza delivery company in the world requires exceptional team members working together. At Domino's, our people come first!
General job duties for all store team members include:
- Operate all equipment
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler
- Prepare product
- Receive and process telephone, in-person and online orders
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork
- Clean equipment and facility daily
- Communication Skills
- Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator)
- Must be able to make correct monetary change
- Verbal, writing and telephone skills to take and process orders
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen
You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record and criminal background check meeting company standards. Delivery Drivers must also have access to an insured vehicle that can be used for delivery.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS FOR DRIVING
Navigational skills to read a map, locate addresses within a designated delivery area. Must navigate adverse terrain including multi-story buildings, private homes and other delivery sites while carrying product. Drivers experience exposure to varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when delivering product, requiring adequate far and night vision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR DRIVERS
- Carrying - During delivery, carrying pizzas and beverages while performing walking and climbing duties.
- Driving - Deliver pizzas within a designated delivery area. A team member may make several deliveries per shift.
- Walking - Delivery personnel must travel between the store and delivery vehicle and from the delivery vehicle to the customer's location.
- Climbing - During delivery of product, navigation of five or more flights of stairs may be required.