Are you ready to be part of apassionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move yourcareer forward with Airgas as an Delivery Driver in Lansing, MI!
What youwill do:
As the “face of Airgas”, our Delivery Driver’s areresponsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gascylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch orplant location using a company provided straight, box truck, or trailer. The DeliveryDriver, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders whilefrequently interacting with Airgas customers.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinderscontaining compressed gases to customer’s place of business.
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external andinternal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest andobtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected orunsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branchlocation for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customerrelations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back tomanager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding anychanges or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operatingprocedures.
- Maintains load manifests and allrequired vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balancedwith truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures thatvehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatoryguidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation(DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier SafetyAdministration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), OccupationalSafety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicleinspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in goodworking order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictlyobserved & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift &other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
- May consider individuals with the ability to acquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as a condition of employment.
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred. Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Regularly required to transport and move 30 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck(orthe aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Thecharacteristicslistedbelow are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee frequently is requiredto remain stationary for extendedperiods of time while driving the company vehicle.Employee often is required to enter and exit a company vehicle.
- Employee may frequently be requiredto transverse through various Airgas and customerlocations.
- Employee will frequently be required to activelylisten and exchangeinformation interacting with customers and fellow Airgas associates.
- Requires frequentuse of computer, telephone, and on board computers.
- Employee will be required to frequently observe and assess information received via computer.
- Repetitive motions necessary to providedelivery of products.
- Regularly required to transport and move 30 pounds with or withoutthe use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternatematerial handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be requiredto transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of materialhandling equipment.
- Must be able to operatein a drug-free workplace.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential dutiesof this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Frequent local travel using company vehicle.
- Must be able to work indoors/ outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- May be required to clear Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or obtain Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) access authorization depending on Airgas customer.
- Work environment may containloud noises and/or odors that may last for long periodsof time or on a continual basis.
NOTE: The above stated dutiesare intended to outline thosefunctions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. Thisdescription of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionaryauthority of supervisors to assign other tasks ofsimilar nature or level ofresponsibility nor doesit imply an employment agreement.
Check out what a career atAirgas can offer you!
What do our TeamMembers have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to workwith great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity toadvance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to workwith and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, ordisability