Growing statewide company seeking local route delivery drivers for the Detroit Area.
Starting Pay & Position
- Full-time local delivery positions available departing from our Detroit area depots delivering to local businesses.
- $174.00daily pay guarantee for route drivers plus opportunities for commission on cases delivered.
- $200.00 Weekly Bonusthrough the end of 2020 for working all scheduled shifts
- $8.00 Daily Perfect Attendance Bonusopportunity (Paid Quarterly)
Schedule & Hours
- Monday through Friday (Saturdays expected and schedule may fluctuate based on need).
- 6AM or 7AM start time until daily workload completion
- 6 Paid holidays
- Vacation and personal time.
- Competitive health benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401K contributions after probationary time is met
- Voluntary Life insurance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for checking products when loading before leaving on route to ensure that all product is on the truck.
- Responsible for removing product from truck and delivering into accounts.
- Utilize customer service skills when making the delivery by being courteous, friendly, and respectful.
- Collect payment from accounts when necessary and return payments and all other documents to the office upon route completion.
- Communicate with the office and Customer Service to ensure that products are delivered correctly.
- Ensure that orders are delivered according to established policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Able to pass drug & alcohol test
- Acceptable DMV record required
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
- Must have valid CDL B License with Air Brake EndorsementorChauffeur License. GLWAS will assist new employees in obtaining their Commercial Driver License (CDL) within 90 days of employment.
- Obtain DOT Card thru GLWAS during pre employment physical
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather while working on your own with limited supervision.
- Ability to climb in and out of a truck and carry cases that can weight up to 45 lbs.
AboutGreat Lakes Wine & Spirits:
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan's Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere.
Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits providesequal employment opportunityto all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),Great Lakes Wine & Spirits will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, or student, because of a physical or mental impairment with regard to any position or program for which that person is qualified.