Responsible for the accurate, efficient and professional delivery of product.
- Ability to legally and physically drive delivery vehicle in order to deliver product to customer.
- Present self in a professional, courteous and businesslike manner to customers.
- Make sure that “charge” invoices are signed and one copy of the invoice is left with the customer and know and follow Store invoice procedure.
- Use caution when driving and choosing where to park company vehicle before entering a shop. Avoid any areas that may cause congestion or interfere with the shop or their customers’ traffic flow.
- Check all orders against invoices for accuracy.
- Report any maintenance/mechanical problems with company vehicle, to supervisor.
- Take precautionary safety measures for any leaking or damaged material immediately and notify store manager as soon as possible; and know and follow DOT requirements.
- If a C.O.D. customer wishes to sign for merchandise, explain that you must call the store and receive authorization from the manager or person in charge. If approved, make sure you get a signature on the invoice and turn the invoice in to your supervisor upon returning to the store.
- If a customer wishes to return merchandise for whatever reason, always fill out a credit slip in full and leave one (1) copy with the customer. Do not attempt to pass judgment as to whether FM will accept the item(s) for credit. That determination will be made by the manager or person in charge of credits.
- Make sure to fill out the route sheet prior to leaving on delivery run as well as signing back in upon return; and know and follow computerized route sheet procedure.
- Check company vehicle to be sure an adequate supply of sticks and strainers is on-board each morning before first delivery run.
- Drive and operate vehicles in a safe manner.
- Follow route sheets unless otherwise directed.
- Have and utilize the paging system.
- Organize route for efficient deliveries.
- Know and follow safe work practices.
- Know and follow COD collection procedures.
- Know and follow refueling procedures and maintain adequate fuel level in vehicle tanks.
- Wear seatbelts at all times.
- Know how to use a Chromavision/Prophet color matching unit if applicable in your store.
- Responsibilities as a Delivery Service Representative also include any duties requested by your supervisor.
- Performs similar and related duties to achieve objectives while using methods consistent with the FinishMaster culture.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time
As a full-time FinishMaster employee you are eligible for a competitive benefits package including:
Employee discounts & assistance
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Life insurance & short-term disability
Paid time off & holiday pay
401K Contributions and Investments
- High school diploma or equivalent with general education emphasis
- Applicable, effective reading and writing skills from demostrated experience
- Minimum, 1 month prior delivery experience with successfully demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with perofrming the duties and responsibilities in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Valid Driver's License
- Motor Vehicle Record must meet minimum requirements per FinishMaster's Vehicle Fleet Safety Policy
Physical Requirements (This job may require the ability to perform any of the essential functions contained in this description. These may include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Specific requirements for a job will be identified at the time of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherswise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements):
- Ability to drive a delivery vehicle legally
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 45 pounds when picking inventory for delivery, making delivery or stocking product
- Ability to bend, stoop and crouch on a regular basis to pick inventory for delivery, making delivery or stock product
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving to make deliveries
- Works in store conditions
- Daily travel/driving to customers locations, as required
FinishMaster, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.