TITLE: DELIVERY HELPER
OBJECTIVE: To assist Delivery Driver with the delivery in assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Deliver pre-sold products to accounts.
- Rotate and place products in coolers.
- Build pallet orders for trucks.
- Load empties on trucks for return to supplier.
- Load dunnage, pallets and load bars on trucks during transport.
- Maintain courteous and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Read and write in order to record inventory.
- Fundamental math skills in order to count and interpret inventory.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Two wheeled hand truck.
- Electric and hydraulic pallet jack.
- Tractor-trailer combination -- combined GVW 56,000 lbs.
This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
CRITICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying cases from floor to overhead on a frequent basis
- Two handed lifting, handling, carrying quarter barrels and half barrels from floor to 48" on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling two wheeled hand truck with cases on level surfaces on a frequent basis
- Pushing and pulling pallet jacks with cases and/or barrels on level surfaces on an occasional basis
- Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving cases and barrels
Will train qualified candidates to get their CDL B license