Grand Central Bakery ignited a bread revolution in 1989 by introducing rustic artisan loaves to Northwest tables. Values are at the heart of our company and sustainability touches everything we do - from where we buy ingredients to how we care for our employees and invest in our communities.
As a Certified B Corporation, Grand Central Bakery is part of a global movement of organizations using business as a force for good.
Grand Central Bakery is now accepting applications for a part-time Delivery Driver position at our Nevada St. wholesale location in beautiful Seattle, WA.
The Delivery Driver represents the Grand Central Bakery brand by delivering artisan bakery bread to our customers and neighborhood cafes.
The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated and independent. They will have high performance standards, strong customer orientation and team mentality, and composure under pressure.
Location: 21 S. Nevada St., Seattle, WA 98134
Rate of Pay: This position pays $19.13 per hour.
Schedule: Part-time 12AM - 8AM Saturday and Sunday. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work holidays is required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to be flexible with schedule to meet delivery operation needs, confidently taking ownership of 1 or more routes to deliver bread within prescribed time parameters
- Ability to pick up and deliver goods in extreme temperatures, such as walk-in freezer and refrigerator spaces
- Delivers excellent customer service friendly, helpful, and courteous at all times
- Uses problem solving skills to address customer complaints, accurately and carefully pack products, demonstrate accuracy with invoices and money handling
- Maintains quality control standards
- Keeps delivery vehicles and delivery area clean, organized, and ready for the next shift
- Inspects delivery vehicle prior to and after each shift
- Operates vehicle in a safe and courteous manner while obeying all traffic laws
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent math and reading skills
- Valid Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Maintains a valid Food Handler's Card at all times
Perks and Benefits
- Generous insurance contribution for employee and dependents
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Paid community time
- 401K plan
- Profit sharing
- Reimbursement for bike expenses
- Fun working environment
- Opportunities for growth
- Free bread!