Are you a Driver that would like to deliver thirst quenching beverages safe and sound for thirsty Michiganders?
Join the Imperial Beverage family! We're based in Kalamazoo, MI and distribute to the entire state of Michigan. We are passionate about helping people SUCCEED and it starts with our employees.
- Drivers home daily!
- Paid weekly
- Generous PTO
- Full employee benefits package
- 401K with employer match
- Family atmosphere
- Imperial Beverage University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Drive truck to assigned customer locations
- Unload product from truck and deliver to specified area at each account
- Collect payments for delivery of product, make change as needed and record each transaction, including credits
- Record and collect empty containers and rejected product to load on truck
- Resolve and/or report customer complaints and requests
- Verify accuracy and proper loading of product on truck
- Perform pre and post-trip truck inspections to ensure safety and complete DOT reports as needed
- Upon return from route, reconcile deliveries, payments collected, credits, empties and returned product with Customer Service
- Safely operate delivery vehicle according to DOT rules and regulations
- Report any vehicle issues or safety incidents to Delivery Manager
- Maintain delivery vehicle through interior cleaning duties and removal of debris
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Additional duties and responsibilities to be determined
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CDL - Class A or B with air brakes or Chauffeur's License, per route
- If Chauffeur or CDL B licensed, must have desire to upgrade to CDL A
- Ability to pass DOT physical, DOT drug screen and driving record review
- Experience as a professional Driver
- 19 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language
- Customer service skills
- Flexibility to work with varying hours
- Self-starter with a high productivity level
- Ability to compute basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail while working within deadlines
- Basic computer skills for use of email and time clock
- Ability to work with teammates in a united effort
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift, carry, push and pull an average of 50 pounds and move up to 165 pounds, often on a repetitive basis. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, twist, squat, bend and sit, often for long periods of time, while also climbing in and out of a truck. The employee will be exposed to varying weather conditions as well as changes in outdoor and indoor temperatures and must be able to perform physical tasks and engage in defensive driving under all circumstances.