Parts Authority, founded in 1972, is a leading national distributor of automotive replacement parts, tools/equipment and transmissions. Headquartered in Long Island, New York, Parts Authority is rapidly expanding, and today has more than 200 locations servicing customers in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington.
Parts Authority has grown through both organic initiatives and acquisitions. Over the past several years Parts Authority has acquired over a dozen companies as part of its expansion strategy. Parts Authoritys catalog of over 3 million parts covering more than 125 million applications, ensures our customer partners receive the parts they want, when they want them.
What makes Parts Authority different is OUR TEAM. Parts Authority has a team of professionally trained, experienced counter people to assist in finding the right parts and the right brand for each application.
Parts Authority carries the best brands in the business for domestic and import vehicles. AC Delco, Motorcraft, Denso, Bosch, KYB, Monroe, Gates, Dorman and Exide are just a few of the more than 400 suppliers from around the world, that Parts Authority partners with to bring our customer partners the best parts.
We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family! So, if you love to drive and are passionate about providing stellar customer service, look no further! Join our team of Drivers and become a Parts Authority ambassador to our many customers!
The Delivery Driver will pick up and drop off automotive parts, while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, passionate about satisfying customers and committed to work safety.
To succeed as a Delivery Driver, you should be polite, prompt, willing to work as part of the delivery team and committed to providing our customers with an excellent experience.
- Load, transport, and deliver items to customers or businesses in a timely, friendly and courteous manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Take and follow directions from dispatcher, adhere to assigned routes, follow time schedules, use route navigation apps, alternative routes, when necessary and knowledge of area to deliver packages to customers on time.
- Assist with loading and unloading items from vehicles without interfering with operations at customers place of business.
- Provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and professionally handle complaints and concerns from customers.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Accept payments, prepare reports to include invoices, return forms, reconcile debt and credit and all moneys collected related to deliveries.
- When applicable, complete daily maintenance checks on company delivery vehicle and notify manager of any issues.
- Assist in any and all other store/ warehouse duties (stock, parts pulling etc.) as assigned.
- Current, valid drivers license
- A maximum of one or less major moving violations and/or at-fault incidents within a rolling 36-month period
- Must be able to meet company insurance requirements- (drivers must be 21 years old or over)
- Current valid automobile insurance with your name on the policy
- No Serious driving-related offenses in the last seven years (e.g. hit-and-run, felonies involving a vehicle) on your driving record.
- No DUI or other drug-related driving violation.
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull up to 50 pounds, prolonged sitting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage, track and account for money transactions and reconcile customer credit and debt balances
- Ability to utilize a tablet and/or mobile device for purposes of navigation/ route optimization, tracking and customer interface/ signature capture
- Exceptional customer and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively, professionally, with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take and follow directions and work well with others as part of team
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work overtime as needed preferred
- Previous delivery driving experience is a plus
*** You must meet all of the above minimum Requirements and Qualifications and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to be eligible to drive for Parts Authority****
Some of the benefits of being a part of our growing Parts Authority family:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid Holidays, Sick/Personal Days and Vacation
- Profit Sharing/401 (k) Plan
- Employee Discounts on Merchandise
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.