Delivery Driver -- Job Description
This is a fast-paced position in our growing E-Commerce unit that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying groceries that typically weigh 15 -- 50 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction, driving skills and must be able to work independently while making deliveries. Qualified candidates must have a valid Driver License issued within the state they live and are expected to comply with appearance guidelines and wear company-provided shirts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Operate company provided truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
* Deliver customer orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
* Establish and maintain relationships with customers and ensure customer questions are accurately answered
* Physically load and unload delivery trucks
* Maintain accurate transportation logs including vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis
* Excellent customer service skills
* One year of experience driving a van or truck preferred
* Flexible work availability preferred
* Excellent driving and route mapping skills
* Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Valid driver's license with a history of no suspensions or at fault accidents within the last three years, no DUI/DWI within the past seven years, and no more than one moving violation within the last three years.
* Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no unconventional piercing(s). Well trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
* Twenty-One years of age or older (except in HI, FL, MD, DC, must be 18 years old and have a valid Driver License for at least three years)
* Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
* Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
* Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
* Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes from ground level to overhead
* Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
* Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and additional job duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ALBERTSONS AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company's philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled