We are looking for a Delivery Driver to join our growing team.
At PDI, our goal is to always be committed to providing quality products with prompt, efficient, courteous service in all segments of our business. We pride ourselves in keeping flexibility of procedures and policy at the forefront so that customer needs are always satisfied.
Since 1973, we have maintained our position as a leader in the wholesale distribution industry and offer first-class service to customers in the residential and commercial plumbing industries, as well as, home builders, interior designers, remodelers, and homeowners. We operate eight branch locations and seven showrooms throughout Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina.
Function: The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely delivery of goods to predetermined customers on specific routes; reviewing orders prior to delivery; loading and unloading trucks; and providing exceptional customer service to our client base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads truck with assistance from order pullers:
- Makes sure load is accurate
- Checks for damages
- Checks material against work order, paying attention to product on ticket and customer name of boxes/pallets
- Complete pre and post trip inspections according to CSA2010 regulations.
- Wrap and tie down material to insure safe delivery; making sure to keep product dry during inclement weather.
- Follows all safety precautions to, during and from deliveries; following all OSHA rules on jobsites;
- Places material in area designated by customer following safety rules;
- Weather conditions may call for designation changes
- Any changes should be reported to supervisor
- Observe all warehouse safety rules. Report all accidents and injuries to supervisor immediately;
- Maintain all DOT qualifications, including keeping DOT card up to date;
- Displays excellent customer service with internal and external customers; always having a positive attitude;
- Drives truck carefully on deliveries and pick-ups, always being safe and observing traffic rules. Uses best judgment in hazardous areas, avoiding getting stuck in mud, watching power lines and pre-accessing job sites.
- Report any delays that might affect the customer to your supervisor immediately (i.e. traffic, road blocks, and inclement weather);
- When returning from deliveries, unloads truck and makes any necessary changes on paper work and reports to supervisor; always puts material in designated areas.
- Become familiar with delivery/pickup territories to be able to make prompt deliveries;
- Maintain NO RIDER policy; only authorized personnel in trucks;
- Call Supervisor/ Manager before accepting return merchandise;
- Consistently improve product knowledge to be able to identify material being delivered. Know where material safety data sheets (MSDS) are and how to use them.
- Learns identity of materials being delivered. Knows where material Safety Data (MSD) sheets are and how to use them
- Maintains neat and clean appearance. Wears proper attire for job safety while maintaining acceptable appearance (i.e.: Wears steel toed shoes, wears shirt during summer)
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a positive attitude to internal and external customer.
- Loads trucks in manner that load will be secure and will not be damaged;
- Performs other duties as assigned; and follow all PDI policies and procedures.
- Keep PDI trucks clean! Trash and garbage needs to be disposed of through the day.
- You are expected to fulfill the above guidelines, cooperate with all PDI associates, and contribute to the TEAM SPIRIT and exhibit all PDI Core Values.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- DOT Medical Card required
- 2-3 years of industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Keyboard experience preferred
- Problem solving skills preferred
- Must be able to sit/stand 8-10 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check and MVR.