SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This position is responsible for moving ordered parts and products from the store location to various customer premises throughout the work day. This position is a key contact point with wholesale customers and is accountable for punctual, accurate deliveries, ensuring invoice accuracy, keeping an accurate delivery log, and providing excellent, courteous service in a precise but friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
- Establish and maintain good relations with NAPA customers.
- Provide courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service using store vehicle.
- Conduct deliveries in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain professional attitude, conduct and appearance.
- Check invoices to ensure that parts ordered were correctly pulled for delivery.
- Maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log.
- Assist with checking in stock orders and stocking products on the shelves.
- General cleaning and maintenance of the delivery vehicle.
- Assist with general store straightening and inventory as required.
- Follow all safety rules, especially handling hazardous materials.
- Answer the telephone and assist the front counter as required.
- Participate in training new drivers.
- Perform other assignments and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, preferred.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and is self-motivated.
PHYSICAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves, with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
*The functions described herein are not the only responsibilities and tasks to be performed by the individual occupying this position. The individual will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as required by his/her supervisor or manager. Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the responsibilities of this position successfully, the individual will possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. “Ability” means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
This job description includes the essential functions of the job that an incumbent must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The Company maintains “at will” employment. This job description is subject to review, and may be revised or updated at management’s discretion.