Surgi-Care is currently seeking an experienced Delivery Driver to join our team in Waltham, MA.
Who we are:
Surgi-Care’s mission is to provide high quality orthopedic products with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. We pursue this mission by 1) Providing informed, accessible, and convenient patient care; 2) Delivering safe, high quality products and services; and 3) Adhering to the highest standards of ethical conduct in the industry.
About the role:
The primary responsibility of the Delivery Driver is to provide Continuous Passive Motion equipment and supplies in a timely and accurate manner, and to instruct patients and their caregivers on the safe and effective use of the equipment provided.
This is a part time position; Thursday-Sunday
What you'll do:
- Assure that the equipment delivered to the patient is consistent with the prescribing physician’s order and other identified patient needs, risks, and limitations of which Surgi-Care is aware.
- Deliver and set-up required equipment in the patient’s residence.
- Provide appropriate information to the patient or caregiver related to the setup, features, routine use, troubleshooting, cleaning, and maintenance of the equipment.
- Verify proper functioning of equipment.
- Ensure that the patient or caregiver can use all equipment and items provided safely and effectively in the settings of anticipated use.
- Verify that the patient has received training and instructions on the use of the equipment.
- Record in the patient’s record that such instruction was provided.
- Provide patients with essential contact information for rental equipment and options for patients to rent or purchase equipment and items, if applicable.
- Provide the patient with information and telephone numbers for customer services assistance regarding regular business hours, after-hours access, item repair, and emergency coverage.
- Manage territory to reach service goals with safe and clean transport of equipment and/or supplies to and from the client’s home as required, in accordance with industry standards and applicable governmental regulations.
- Assist in resolving customer equipment problems.
- Process all orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours, in accordance with Surgi-Care’s policies.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, cleaning, and simple repairs on equipment, as required and in accordance with Surgi-Care’s policies and manufacturer instructions.
- Develop technical knowledge, as appropriate, of the HME or orthopedic products and services offered by Surgi-Care.
- Comply with all applicable Surgi-Care’s policies and procedures.
- Comply with Surgi-Care’s Code of Conduct.
- Comply with business principles: Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information; protect the assets of the organization; act with ethics and integrity; report non-compliance; and adhere to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current products and services offered by Surgi-Care, Inc.
- Assist with implementation of quality improvement program to meet Surgi-Care Inc., state, federal, and accreditation standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- valid driver’s license, and a good driving record
- Previous experience or successful completion of factory training for home medical equipment preferred
What we offer:
We recommend including:
Competitive salary range (only if applicable)
Detail your Health, Life or 401K options
Include other benefits, i.e. work/life balance, company perks, bonuses, merit increases, or growth opportunities
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button