This position is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation and delivery of custom, on-line orders throughout the assigned delivery route area while presenting a professional and customer focused image.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Reports as scheduled to the Online Shopping Supervisor or other appropriate manager as directed to receive delivery schedule and special instructions.
- Prior to loading vehicle, conducts an initial pre-trip inspection of delivery vehicle to ensure it is in proper working order and coolers are holding temperatures, documenting results.
- Reviews the assigned delivery schedule and delivery route to ensure understanding.
- Verifies orders loaded to ensure accuracy for customers.
- Loads the orders into delivery vehicle to ensure products are safely and securely stored and held at the appropriate temperature to minimize damage, delayed orders and financial costs for the company.
- Completes deliveries following delivery assignments.
- Conducts all work and driving activities in a safe, professional and customer focused manner to ensure customers receive legendary service excellence each time they interact with our staff.
- Greet and provide assistance to customers. Model the Lund Food Holdings customer service standards at all times and ensure that the departmental staff are doing the same.
- Completes delivers, reports back to assigned location and provides paperwork as directed by the Online Shopping Supervisor.
- Communicates with Online Shopping Supervisor or other appropriate management as directed when unforeseen circumstances surface to provide status of deliveries.
- Acts as department supervisor when the supervisor is not on duty.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Licensing Required:
- Valid Class D driver’s license
- Safe driving record with a minimum of two years previous metro driving experience desired.
4. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities metro is helpful
- Reading, writing, good communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Ability to handle and deliver alcoholic beverages