From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Demand planner is responsible for assisting in the global forecasting process which determines appropriate inventory levels that will maximize sales and minimize inventory obsolescence and developing short-term and long-term production plans.
- Update product forecasts, sales force forecasts, competitive information, and market conditions to minimize product obsolescence.
- Continuously monitor booking and shipping trends against factory buys and make necessary adjustments to factory purchase order quantities, dates, styles and/or sizes.
- Update appropriate personnel with product availability information to align customer expectations with realistic ship dates.
- Keep the team up to date on current bookings and shipments to aid in the product development process.
- Partner with sales management regarding key retailers’ forecasts, providing delivery confirmation and open order comparisons to ensure division sales goals will be achieved.
- Form strategic relationships with Sales Reps for early feedback regarding product availability, shipments and/or cancellations.
- Responsible for managing set up and maintenance of materials for all Keds businesses.
- Place buys with factories, releases and maintains factory purchase orders.
- Update daily, weekly, monthly scheduled reports and additional ad hoc requests.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience buying, analysis, and customer service
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Able to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate flexibility and juggle multiple priorities while still achieving agreed-upon deadlines
- Must have the confidence to challenge and embrace the consensus of the team
- Strong PC skills including competency with database management, Excel, pivot tables, and Word. Experience with SAP and PLM systems preferred.
- This individual is a key resource for statistical information which is necessary to support the team and the sales revenue plans.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).