Title:Demand Planning Business Consultant
Location: Roswell GA
Location: Roswell GA
- Supporting leadership for the development, implementation and ongoing continuous improvement of Demand Planning systems across all client's businesses globally.
- This position will provide support to the ongoing implementation of our new demand planning template of process and tools across the globe.
- The position will primarily focus on implementing improvements to the technical statistical modeling capability, causal & history management, and user experience of both our tier 1 (SAP IBP) and tier 2 (Arete Prevail) demand planning solutions.
- The successful specialist will work with the system vendors, the regional users, and select client's DP experts to drive improvements to the forecast accuracy generated, the usability, and the sustainability of the systems.
- Upon successfully proving that our selected tier 1 solution can outperform the tier 2 solution in terms of accuracy, usability, sustainability, the role may transition to supporting the expansion of the tier 1 solution outside of North America.
- The incumbent must be able to engage with leaders from Planning, IT, Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, and Marketing to influence direction, ensure understanding & validate compliance with the Demand Planning strategies & cycles.
- This role is currently planned to primarily focus on North America but may need to travel to other regions to support their ongoing efforts as well.
- Position will be assigned into the client's DP leader for their ongoing daily work assignments.
- Ensure demand & S&OP management practices are in accordance with corporate ethics, financial instructions and internal control requirements and result in providing the requisite quality and reliability.
- Business Priorities:
- Lead the implementation, optimization and enhancement of state of the art statistical forecasting models, in conjunction with the vendors, to enable predictive planning and trade promotion management using mathematics and statistical tools and processes.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on the optimization of volume and trade modeling for the Demand Planning process. Collaborate with the business units and the central supply chain team to understand customer requirements while ensuring alignment with business and functional initiatives.
- Lead, develop and clearly communicate Key Performance Indicators for modeling and related software tools or processes.
- Effectively communicate and influence Demand Planning team members, Sales Planning, field teams and IT teams as needed.
- Conduct in field support to train and validate optimization of system usage & output on periodic or as requested basis.
- Enhance the position by thoroughly reviewing all activities performed in order to improve the quality and productivity of services provided.
- Communicate effectively with leaders, subordinates and others who have a need to know thereby influencing and building trusting relationships. Communicate in a way that is timely, prompt; complete, concise; candid, accurate; clear, and responsive.