Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Gaming at Mahoning Valley, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Assists in training, and responsible for motivating, evaluating and supervising staff on assigned shift to ensure employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Assists in achieving desired results through staff development and training, established methods, procedures and guidelines to maintain desired standards and high-quality service. Also monitors the results through inspection, evaluation and analysis. Assists in making the changes necessary to achieve the desired end result.
- Assists Sous and Executive Chef with administrative duties as assigned.
- Assists in conducting pre-shift meetings to relay pertinent information on assigned shift.
- Assisting with management accountability for all team members for day-to-day and long-term operations to include hiring, training and developing employees which include coaching, mentoring and appropriate performance management.
- Responsible for culinary standards and operational guidelines within a specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities.
- Administer all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well-stocked and problem free.
- Recommend changes on all standard menus and consistently strives through menu planning to improve food cost, volume, quality and preparation of all food items.
- Perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler, saute’, fryer and prep as needed.
- Support safety and accident prevention programs.
- Assist with the training and development of culinary staff.
- Coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Must adhere to regulatory, company and department policies.
- Preform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Understand and adhere to the bargaining unit agreements.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and team members may also be asked to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned. Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises with appropriate notification to Team Members.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five years prior experience as cook in high volume food service operation
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation, and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Familiar with all phases of food preparation techniques
- Required to taste and smell foods
- Knowledge of weights, measures and recipe yield
- Possess and maintain culinary tools (knives) to perform the necessary job functions
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high temperatures
- Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
- Must stand for long periods
- Must be able to follow directions
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer