Dental Aide assists the front and the back duties including the general clerical & dental instrument sterilization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare and print superbills and the next day schedules.
• Handle routine clerical duties including: typing, filing, duplicating, office supplies, mail etc.
• Obtain and update necessary information from clients and enter in dental charts.
• Inform providers of any changes in the day’s schedule.
• Answer phone calls and direct the calls appropriately.
• Responsible for tele-reminder report daily. Call patients and remind them of upcoming appointment.
• Verify & update patient insurance and billing discrepancies.
• Greet clients and answer phones politely and courteously for the clinic. Direct clients to appropriate services as needed.
• Maintain dental operatories, dental laboratory, dental equipment and sterilization area in proper working order.
• Sterilizes the used dental instruments and set-up trays.
• Report to the Dental Clinic Coordinator of any supplies & handpiece that need to be replenished, so a consistent level of supplies is maintained at all
• Perform the weekly check of eye wash stations
• Maintain the handpiece inventory log daily.
• Weekly/ monthly maintenance of sterilization machines and the dental units in operation rooms
• Follow NEMS Infection Control protocol, Medical Waste Disposal protocol and Hazard Communication protocol.
• Replenish the dental supplies in the operatories.
• Receive and distribute the dental supply shipment
• Prepare the inventory to satellite clinics
• Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
• Minimum high school degree. Work experiences an asset.
• Knowledge of cleaning and sterilizing procedures for dental instruments and equipment.
• Knowledge of infection control procedures.
• Ability to type at a speed of 45 words per minute.
• Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
• Fluent Chinese speaker (Cantonese and Mandarin) required
• Fluent in other languages are an asset.
This is an FLSA non-exempt position.
This is not an OSHA high-risk position.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
NEMS BENEFITS: Competitive benefits, including free medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, spouse and/or children; and company contribution to 401(k).