Company: Vighter Medical Group LLC
Title: Dental Assistant
Position Type:Temp to permanent hire
Location: Gaylord, MI
Reports to: Project Manager
Shift Type: Days, 8:00am-4:30pm, 8 hours, Monday-Friday during clinic hours, closed for all major holidays (40-hour guarantee), no weekend requirements, no on call requirements
Vighter is recruiting a contract dental assistant who performs a variety of dental assisting duties, within compliance of state regulations, to promote quality dental care for patients in a reduced stress, comfortable environment. A Registered Dental Assistant assists the doctor, teaches patients how to care for their teeth, communicates effectively with patients, maintains equipment and inventory, and follows universal precautions and all OSHA and MIOSHA requirements to ensure a safe environment for patients and staff. As part of the overall clinic team the Registered Dental Assistant will assist all other staff members as required and available with their duties.
- Assists dentist during a variety of dental treatment procedures that involve saliva, blood, and odors with clients of all ages, backgrounds, and economic status.
- Set up operatory for dental procedures, including tray set-ups, materials, and equipment.
- Take and develop radiographs (x-rays). Take and record medical history and vital signs.
- Take final impressions for indirect restorations and pour up models. Write lab slips and maintain lab cases.
- Understands and follows infection control and hazard communication rules and regulations. Understands and follows HIPAA confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Sterilizes instruments, oils and cleans equipment according to MIOSHA/OSHA standards and performs routine disinfection of rooms and equipment. Send in monitor strips as required.
- Place and remove rubber dams, apply sealants, remove sutures, place amalgam restorations.
- Help patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment. Provide patients with post-operative instructions following oral surgery or other dental treatment procedures.
- Use Dentrix to chart the mouth and teeth of patients, review and explain treatment plans to patients, and schedule clients for treatment as needed.
- Strong listening and speaking skills are necessary for communicating with dentists, hygienists, and patients. One should also have good critical thinking skills, which will allow him or her to evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
- Current unrestricted Michigan state license to practice as a dental assistant Required
- X-ray certified Preferred
- BLS (AHA)
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Michigan License must be in hand at time of submission
- 2+ years of experience Required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a 5-panel urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage