Dental Assistant - (Dependable, Dedicated & Diplomatic)
PDS locations are devoted to ensuring the highest quality of care for children and teens in the community. We invest in our associate's growth through a rigorous training program designed to separate career-minded associates from imposters. Pediatric Dental Assistant is expected to work collaboratively with Providers to build a hand in glove relationship designed with Clinicians for personalized instrumentation and materials artistry. This role must coordinate with support staff to ensure a positive patient experience by building trust between parents and children with consistent positive communication.
The scope of responsibilities includes but is not limited to treatment preparation, digital imaging (X-Rays), sterilization, lab work, clinical support, treatment plan coordination, and post-treatment follow-up. Orthodontic experience is a plus to support multiple roles. Upon request, this position will hold the office with appointments, patient communications, supplies, and authorizations. This position will report directly to the Office Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum ONE year experience as a Dental Assistant "OR"
- Certification as Registered Dental Assistant (required in New Jersey).
- Dental X-Ray License preferred.
- Radiation safety course preferred.
- Coronal Polishing Certificate preferred.
- Practice Management charting and treatment planning preferred.
- Orthodontic experience aligned with compensation.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects.
- Ability to complete documentation promptly and accurately.
- Ability to use sound judgment; possess a calm disposition and the ability to work efficiently with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily roles are always to assist the clinicians and monitor patients
- Learning to interpret patient plan benefit coverage and utilization
- Greet patients and escorts patients to operatory
- Offer support and compassion for patients and families
- Review daily schedule and set up appropriate trays and instruments.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect patient privacy
- Ensure treatment authorization is approved
- Support administration of treatment at the chair side as directed.
- Promote an atmosphere of good oral hygiene
- Review patient's health history with environment variables to home care.
- Instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing.
- Maintain current infection control standards throughout the location
- Documenting accurate treatment planning and performing procedures
- Verify provider notes and billing codes after every procedure.
- Assist Hygienist as needed
- Assist Office Manager with weekly inventory review.
- Conduct preventative maintenance of dental equipment
- Support OSHA standards compliance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: Reports directly to the Office Manager.
EVALUATIONS: Conducted annually by Office Manager with input from providers.