The dental assistant is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients. The clinic assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
- Greets patients in waiting area and escorts patients to the operating rooms.
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist or clinician.
- Advocate of a positive atmosphere of good dental and general health by demonstrating good example of oral hygiene, questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
- Review the health history, make patient chart entries under the direction of the dentist assigned and assure completion of forms and signatures.
- Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist.
- Educate the patient with the aspects of their dental visit and provide support and compassion to that patient when it is needed.
- Review daily schedule in Dentrix system to set up operatory and instruments.
- Assist in front office procedures if time allows or need is determined by the local manager or dentist.
- Supervise preventive maintenance of dental equipment.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Dental Assistant experience preferred but not required.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Strong customer service skills
- Keen eye to details
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Office Suite such as Word and Excel, knowledge of Dentrix will be helpful but not required.
- Good listener.
- Subject to background screening.
Working and Physical conditions
Work is primarily in a climate controlled office setting with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sitting, sedentary, walking, occasional lifting from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Dental Assistant is directly supervised by the Clinic Lead.