Thank you for your interest in careers at EBNHC!
Everywhere you turn, you can feel it. There's an immeasurable level of enthusiasm at East Boston Neighborhood Health Center (EBNHC), one of the largest community health centers in the country. From the nurses and physicians on the front line of patient care, to the managers who shape our policies, to the customer service representatives who keep our facilities running smoothly - everyone here has a role in making medicine better.
Interested in this position? Apply on-line and create a personal candidate account!
Current Employees of EBNHC - Please use the internal careers portal to apply for positions.
To learn more about working at EBNHC and our benefits, check out our Careers Page at careers.ebnhc.org.
Time Type:Part time
All Locations:East Boston
The Dental Assistant is supervised by a Dentist and is responsible for various non-skilled dental tasks. Will provide clinical support to the dentist by utilizing 4 handed dentistry, including but not limited to: Preparing dental material for needed procedures, taking impressions and bite registrations , suctioning and retracting during procedures ,maintain an inventory or supplies, whichincludes ensuring assigned operatories are cleaned and disinfected between each patient being seen and set up for the next procedure, prepare instruments for sterilization processing, assist in intra and extraoral photographs. Take digital X-rays and panoramic images of diagnostic quality as requested by providers. Practice and adhere to OSHA and HIPAA regulations at all times. Schedule includes day/evening/weekend rotation. Boston residents preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in direct patient care activities as directed by a dentist. These include: oral hygiene education, irrigation and aspiration of the oral cavity exposing and processing good quality oral radiographs application of sealants. removal of sutures proper retraction of cheek, lip and tongue.
- Prepares for sessions and insures all charts, equipment and x-rays are available for the client.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow.
- Follows the procedure for booking routine referrals and urgent appointments.
- Maintains work area in an orderly manner.
- Ensures that the operatories have been made safe for patients before bringing them in.
- Stocks operatories in time for sessions and insures that supplies used are charged for.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Graduate from a Certified Dental Assistant program or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a dental or medical dept desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with internal and external customers.