DENTAL ASSISTANT - CERTIFIED FOR RADIOLOGY
JOB CATEGORY: COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER / DENTAL
POSITION SUMMARY: This position assists the Dentist at chair side during examination and treatment of patient. The position also involves assisting in the dental lab and performing clerical duties related to the dental program.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Knowledge of and competency in sterilization, dental nomenclature, instrument passing, and preparation of dental materials.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• New Mexico Board of Dental Health Care Certification in Dental Radiology (DACR). Must obtain certification by date of hire and maintain current throughout employment.
• Must have and maintain current BLS/CPR certification. Certification must meet the requirements listed in the document “BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training Resources” posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep your certification current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, “Healthcare Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements,” this position must comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap, MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee’s PMS health center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set by the CDC and NMDOH.
If assigned to the Checkerboard Area Health System, this position requires successful completion of an initial post-offer of employment:
• Criminal Records Check.