Join our growing team of over 6,000 health professionals nationwide!
At Centurion, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest forensic and healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both. Centurion is proud to be the provider of healthcare services to the New Hampshire Department of Corrections.
We are seeking a Dental Assistant to work 32-40 hours/week at our Men's Facility in Concord.
- Assists dentist by providing chair-side support during dental procedures
- Assists dentist in management of dental emergencies
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts as requested
- Prepares offender; sterilizes and disinfect instruments; sets up instrument trays; and prepares materials
- Operates radiographic equipment to obtain dental radiographs of offenders
- Cleans and polishes removable appliances
- Instructs offenders in oral hygiene and plaque control programs
- Provides post-operative instructions prescribed by dentist
- Gathers and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of offenders
- Maintains offender dental information and records
- Prepares and maintains dental operatory and instruments
- Orders and monitors dental supplies and equipment inventory
We offer competitive compensation. Full time employees (working 30 hours or more per week) are eligible for comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- 401k with company-match
- 28 paid days off and 7 paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness activity subsidy
- Plus many more...
Must be graduate of accredited dental assisting program and have at least one year experience as a dental assistant.