The Company: Our Client is a reputable Federally Qualified Health Center with outstanding employees providing quality health and dental services to all. They operate 10 Centers in East and West Tallahassee, Florida.
The Position: Our client is looking for a Dental Assistant. Provide the full scope of dental health care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care and maintenance to patients of all ages.
- $15.00 - $16.50 Hourly Pay
- Up to $1,000 Sign on Bonus
- Accrued PTO after 90 days of employment
- 8 Paid Federal Holidays
- 2 Floating Holidays – “Personal Day”
- Full benefits (health, vision, dental)
- 403b- Employer contributes 5% after 6 months of employment
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certification of completion of dental assistant training
- Expanded Function Certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- Monday to Friday 8:00 – 5:00
- 18 - 20 patients per day
- Assist the dentist during examination and treatment of patients
- Provide diagnostic aid, including exposing and developing radiographs, taking and recording medical and dental histories, recording vital signs and taking preliminary impressions for study casts as needed.
- Perform prophylaxis and fluoride treatments on children and give oral hygiene instructions.
- Prepare operatory, instruments, and patient for dental treatment
- Coordinate arrival and departure of patient with receptionist
- Properly clean and sterilize (or disinfect when appropriate) instrument equipment, operatory, and laboratory as patient flow or procedures dictate
- Five post-operative instructions to the patient as prescribed by the dentist
- Possess a working knowledge of medical emergencies and assist in the management of them
- Assist dentist in screening and education programs, including off-site
- Restock and order supplies and maintain inventory control as assigned by the Center Manager with input from dentist.
- Responsible for maintenance of autoclave, x-ray developer, and water system at specified intervals.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
send an updated resume to Kayla@theipgteam.com