LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, the dental assistant provides optimal oral care for patients. Provides diagnostic x-rays for the dentists,. Assists the dentist in all procedures, as well as secretarial and other dental clinic related duties.
- Assists dentists and dental residents with clinical procedures.
- Performs duties in compliance with all safety and infection control guidelines. Assumes responsibility for instrument preparation for sterilization.
- Maintains asepsis, keeping oral operative areas clear of debris during dental procedures.
- Receiving and seating patients promptly.
- Obtains patient medical history and take patient vital signs.
- Prepares instruments, materials, and medications to be used by the dentist.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and orders supplies, medications, and restock instruments. Alerts Supervisor related to equipment repair accordingly.
- Assists retrieving and filing patient records.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures.
- Assists with patient telephone communications and appointments.
- Performs all other job related duties required and unrelated duties in emergency cases.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required.
- Must be a graduate of a dental assistant training program and/or two years of related experience working within a dental office environment.
- Certified Dental Assistant National Board Certification, or Board Eligible, is preferred.
- Must have experience working with Dental EMR, Dentrix Enterprise/EZ Dental.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Must have experience working with digital radiography (Dental X-Rays).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must have dental front office experience.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, 'America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018.' - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 'Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.' - Glassdoor
- 2018 'Employees' Choice: Top CEOs' - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 '150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.' - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 'Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals' - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.