Staff Today Inc. (STI) is currently seeking a Dentist Assistant to work at a facility in Dix Hills, NY. These are registry positions with our company Staff Today Inc.
- Mondays 8:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Wednesdays 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Assisting dentist at chairside. Provides suction, retraction, handing of instruments.
- Preparing patient for examination and/or treatment.
- Scheduling and confirm appointments.
- Setting up instruments and materials for procedure.
- Keeping daily and monthly treatment records.
- Cleaning the operatory after use
- Maintaining instruments and cleanliness of dental operatory.
- Cleaning and sterilizing contaminated instruments and handpieces (keep sterilization and spore testing logs)
- Maintaining supply inventory (keep medication and dental product logs with expiration dates)
- Operating x-ray machine, Panorex.
- Performing high level of disinfection and sterilization of instruments following use, maintains associated equipment according to manufacturers instructions.
- Maintaining patient records.
- Maintaining cleanliness of dental clinic.
- Preparing restorative materials as directed.
- Helping maintain dental equipment as directed, autoclave maintenance, Instrument Washer maintenance, treat dental unit water lines, flush and disinfect suction lines, etc.
- Mixing impression materials and load trays as directed.
- Ordering necessary supplies as directed.
- Maintaining clinic records (water testing, amalgam recycling, equipment repairs and preventive maintenance, treat dental unit water lines, flush and disinfect suction lines, etc.)
- Handling laboratory cases (send and receive)
- Performs other duties as assigned by dental director.
- Minimum one year (12 months) of experience providing Dental Assistant services
- Must have up to date credentials in the state of New York
- Must possess specialty training from a licensed dentist and/or certification from an accredited Dental Assistant school (training must include dental radiology and radiology safety)
- Must be certified as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA)
- Knowledge of x-ray machine, Panorex.
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Staff Today Inc. at (800) 928-5561 and ask to speak with Alyssa Monday-Friday (08:30 AM - 05:00 PM PST).