Come Join our Successful Dental Practice as a Dental Assistant!
Southpoint Quality Dental, a successful, multi-location Dental Practice located in both the Stafford Hospital and in Fredericksburg off Southpoint Parkway. We are seeking a reliable and steadfast Dental Assistant to become part of the SPQD family. The Dental Assistant is responsible for supporting dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, seating patients, explaining treatment to patients, scheduling patient appointments, sterilization, passing instruments and materials, generalized support of all aspects of the dental office.
The Dental Assistant plays an important role within the organization, as this position offers an opportunity to build trusting relationships with our patients and provide a positive impression of our practice. Our Dental Assistants are responsible for interacting with patients both via telephone and in person at our practice, assisting our patients with the doctor, the hygienist, or independently. Our practice prides itself on providing dental care above and beyond our patient’s expectations through use of an integrated care approach, and our Dental Assistants are the clinical backbone of our patient care team. Initial compensation will be based on experience.
- We understand that you work hard; that’s why Southpoint Quality Dental offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We offer subsidized Medical and prescription drug insurance for both you and your family, as well as free dental services for employees and their immediate family members (minus the lab fees). We offer a Simple IRA plan with company match; subsidized AFLAC policies; a yearly shoe stipend; all scrubs provided; as well as paid time off and paid holidays. Our team-focused work environment provides a culture of support for all of our employees, maintaining a small office feel while allowing us to leverage the resources of a large, successful, multi-location dental practice.
- Skills: Competent in use of Dental Practice Management Software (preferably Eagle Soft), Comfortable with use of e-mail, Comfortable presenting treatment plans, chairside general dental assisting, orthodontic assisting, surgical assisting, sterilization, good interpersonal skills to be part of an efficient team, good communication skills (both with patients and coworkers both in person and on the phone), taking impressions, pouring and trimming models, taking digital x-rays, coronal polishing, having a comforting presence with patients, good record keeping and note taking for all patient interactions.
- This position has the potential to be part-time or full-time, dependent upon the candidate. Must be able to work a variety of shifts, with the majority of days between M-F from 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Two (2) times per month our Thursdays will have a schedule of 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with Fridays (if worked) scheduled from 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM. The overall work schedule will combine shifts not exceed five (5) days or forty (40) hours per week, with most weeks averaging 32.5-35 hours in total.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a Dental Office
- Must have familiarity with at least one dental electronic medical record software program (preferably Patterson’s EagleSoft)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with high level of comfort interacting with patients both via telephone and in-person
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of dentistry and dental procedures at a level sufficient to support documentation of dental procedures as well as the filing of dental claims
- Exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and quick to take the initiative, with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Must be comfortable discussing insurance, plans of dental treatment, and finances with both patients and other staff members
- High School Diploma preferred, but not required
- X-ray certified
- BCLS and CPR trained
Initial compensation will be based on the candidate and their experience.