Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides clinical support functions to dentists by: cleaning, sterilizing and arranging instruments, equipment and rooms; supporting the production of radiographs; maintaining necessary stocks and supplies; moving and monitoring patients; and generally opening and closing the clinic.
Education: - Prefer completion of a Dental Assistant program.
Experience: - None.
- Must have current Dental Assistant registration with Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, hospital staff and the general public.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of dental assisting techniques and equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of oral surgery instruments and reconstructive surgery on patients.
- Must be able to maintain records of all necessary data.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skill in meeting age related and handicapped patients' needs.
- Must be able to demonstrate skill in taking radiographs, blood pressure, D-sticks, cleaning and sterilizing equipment, and in recognizing the names of instruments and the order in which they are used.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.