- Requisition ID
- Dental Assistant
- Location : External Name
- Pleasant Hill Smiles Dentistry
The primary role of the Dental Assistant in Training (DAT) is to learn, understand, practice and become proficient in the basic functions and responsibilities of a dental assistant to support clinical and dental practice success. The DAT is directly supervised by the licensed dentist; all clinical duties assigned must be approved by the licensed dentist. The Operations Manager, Lead Assistant and other team members will support and participate in the training process. Dental Assistant in Training performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties.
- Learn and perform basic dental assisting functions in accordance with the applicable states Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties under the direct supervision of the licensed dentist.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience? by learning how to keep patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual needs and concerns.
- Maintain a clean, sterile, and positive environment.
- Learn how to effectively complete proper infection control procedures for both the sterilization and operatory cleaning and disinfection processes to ensure the safety of both patients and team members.
- Prepare patients for treatment, and assist the dentist- thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- Complete radiographs and intra-oral pictures at the direction of the dentist only after the DAT has completed all state requirements regarding radiation safety.
- Learn how to prepare for patient care procedures and execute through the process efficiently from preparing the patient, proper procedure tray preparation, providing basic supportive chairside support and ensuring the patient is handed off to the front desk for follow up visit appointment.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care as directed by the dentist.
- Record patient charting and treatment notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the dentist.
- Support patient care by presenting treatment record, consents and health history to the dentist prior to patient treatment.
- Ensure equipment is maintained according to manufacturers guidelines.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- No prior dental experience is required.
- Customer services experience is recommended.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.