DENTAL ASSISTANT - INSTRUCTOR
Dental Assistant Instructors use their training and practical experience in 4-handed dentistry to teach Ross Dental Assistant students what they need to succeed.
What are the main activities of this job? Primary Instructors teach in the Dental Assisting classroom with 10-20 students, covering clinical and administrative skills. Class sessions are 4.5 hours in either day or evening sessions. You learn the material and deliver lectures and demonstrations, working from the Ross lesson plans and curriculum. This is a part-time position, day-time, typically 9-23 hours per week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Classroom Instruction, Outside of Class Preparation, Meetings and Continuing Education
Transferable skills: Dental Assistant, Dental Hygienist, Dentist, 4-handed dentistry, chairside, radiography, part-time, CDA, RDA, Registered Dental Assistant, Certified Dental Assistant, dental office
Work Environment: Clean and bright classrooms with desk and clinical areas, including dental chair and Radiography. Interact with other instructors and campus staff to assist students.
Why is Dental Assistant Instructor a good job ? Most teachers like the feeling of helping others to a Dental Assisting career, and working with the students and campus staff. Also, you can make some extra part-time income and gain additional training for yourself.
- 3+ years experience in the field and a national certification as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA from AMT) or Certified Dental Assistant (CDA from DANB) and formal training in a dental assisting program like Ross. If you do not have the formal education, you can also qualify with 5+ years experience in the field and a national certification. *additional requirements or exceptions may be applicable based on the state, program, and accreditation requirements.
- Knowledge of materials (subjects) that will be taught to students and ability to use and communicate Ross curriculum
- Interest in teaching or prior experience
Benefits Vary Based on Schedule
- Limited medical insurance package, dental and optical discount may be offered, depending on scheduled hours per week and eligibility.
- Tuition reimbursement (requires minimum 8 scheduled hours per week)
- Accrued time off (requires minimum 8 scheduled hours per week)
- Training completion bonus for learning and teaching the curriculum for all sections
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Dell Employee Purchase Program Employee Referral Bonus Program Monthly pay and direct deposit
A full job description will be provided at the interview.
Click here for all of our job openings.
An Equal Opportunity Employer