The Center for Family Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in Jackson Michigan. Our mission is: Opening the Doors to Healthcare for All. We provide primary healthcare and dental services regardless of an individual's ability to pay.
The Center for Family Health currently has an opening for a full time Dental Assistant.
This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position that requires experience and/or education as a Dental Assistant.
Please apply on our website www.centerforfamilyhealth.org under the About Us tab. Stay up to date with our latest job postings by signing up with your e-mail under our Job Alerts section.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for procedures by seating them, preparing patients for procedure, completing and reviewing required forms and consents and reviews health histories.
- Conducts any pre-procedure testing as required.
- Assists in procedures by setting up and arranging appropriate instruments for the procedure to be performed.
- Assists provider as directed with variety of procedures, such as impressions, mixing cement. Breaks down room after procedures, sterilizes equipment and prepares for next use.
- Assists Dental Hygienists with procedures.
- Maintains records and files by recording data and information into patient files. Ensures procedures are documented and assists patients with scheduling follow-up care.
- Assists in maintaining equipment by cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing equipment. Reviews and maintains inventory of supplies for office and lab.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work practices and instructions.
- Completion of dental program and/or experience required.
The Center for Family Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V