Madison Family Dental is looking for a caring, personable and dependable individual to join our dynamic team of professionals as a chairside dental assistant in our Madison office. The ideal candidate would have experience in the dental field. We are looking for excellent and efficient clinical skills, excellent computer skills, a positive attitude, professional appearance, and a mature, team-oriented outlook. We are looking for an individual to help us keep our office running smoothly and to share our vision and goals of delivering high-quality and personal care to our dental patients. Join our team and find out how rewarding a career with Madison Family Dental can be!
Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
• Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
• Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
• Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
• Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area, positioning instruments for dentist's access, suctioning, and passing instruments.
• Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
• Provides diagnostic information by taking x-rays and other imagery
• Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
• Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
• Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations according to infection control policies and protocols.
• Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge of Dental Terminology, Use of Dental Technology, Infection Control, Patient Services, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Listening, Teamwork, Chairside Manner, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Communication