If you thrive in an energetic, team-centric environment and love providing fantastic care for patients, then you've come to the right place!
For this Dental Assistant position at our Merrillville, Indiana dental office, the ideal candidate will have experience preparing both general and ortho patients, ensuring that they are comfortable and offering another set of hands for procedures. Assistants must help Dentists to clearly see problems and changes within a patient's mouth. This often requires taking x-rays of the bone structure of a patient's jaw, as well as taking photographs of the teeth.
- Help Dentists and Orthodontists prepare for procedures by having the necessary tools sterilized and in place
- Help keep a patient’s mouth clean and dry during procedures and hand Dentists and Orthodontists the necessary tools at the appropriate time
- Patient education; explain procedures and discuss treatment progress and plans
- This position will include all aspects of clinical dental care
- Must be EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) Certified in Indiana
- Previous dental chairside assisting is preferred
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for the workday
- Excellent customer service skills with an outgoing, people friendly personality
- The ideal applicant will display and demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff and patients
- Desire to learn new skills and expand your potential
- Coronal Polishing & Pit/Fissure Sealants Certifications Required
- Dental X-Ray Certificate Required
Job Type: Full-time and part-time positions available
United Dental Partners is a very fast-growing Dental Support Organization (DSO) serving multi-specialty dental practices in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. The multi-specialty dental groups we serve collectively care for children and adults and offer general, pediatric, orthodontic and oral surgery care.