To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Orthodontic dental assistants will assist residents and orthodontists in the care and treatment of the pediatric orthodontic patient. Will ensure exam room is maintained in a clean organized state. Greets patients and preps patient for examination by the orthodontist. Have the ability to identify problems or changes within the patient 's mouth and report them to the orthodontist. Ability to take appropriate x -rays, molds and trim models as required. Orthodontic assistant will assist the orthodontists prepare and assist during the orthodontists during procedures , ensuring necessary instruments and supplies are in place prior to the start of the exam. Maintain clinical lab in clean organize state. Work collaboratively with orthodontic biller as needed. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran.
- 1. Provides assistance to dental residents and dentists in the treatment of patients to ensure timely patient flow and efficiency of the patient care required.
- 1.1 Receives and seats incoming patients in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner 00% of the time as observed by Dentists and Manager.
- 2. Maintains care of all instruments and equipment to ensure proper function and usage for clinical efficiency.
- 2.1 Properly oils all handpieces daily to ensure proper functioning.
- 3. Maintains and cares for treatment rooms and sterilization area to ensure a clean, safe, environment for patient care and coworkers.
- 3.1 Stocks treatment rooms with supplies and instruments daily, 00% of the time as observed by doctors/manager.
Graduation from high school with special vocational training. Completion of Dental Assistant Program /Certified Dental Assistant
minimum 3 years of recent orthodontic dental assisting
DANB RADIOLOGY AND INFECTION CONTROL REQUIRED. ORTHODONTIC CERTIFICATION may be required depending upon area of assignment.
Ability to work with pediatric and special needs patients.
Prolong standing may be required at times, ability to work with model trimming tools