Experienced Dental Assistant or Expanded Duties Dental Assistant- Valparaiso, IN
If you are a reliable and positive individual looking for career satisfaction and continuing educational opportunities, join our team! Family Dental Care is seeking a, experienced Dental Assistant or Expanded Duties Dental Assistant to support the clinical treatment care of our patients. As an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant, you will play a large role in the provision of effective and trustworthy dental services. You will sustain patient comfort, soothe upset patients, listen to their needs and educate them on dental procedures. You will also manage clinical supplies, work efficiently to maintain the supported dentist's schedule and adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies.
Monday: 7-5 huddle 15 min prior
Tuesday: 7-5 huddle 15 min prior
Wednesday: 9:30-7 huddle 15 min prior
Thursday (every other) 8:30-5:30 huddle 15 min prior
We understand that you work hard, which is why each supported location provides an excellent compensation and benefits package. Additionally, Heartland Dental's extensive training and continuing education opportunities are unparalleled and exceed industry norms. Each supported location invests heavily in your professional and personal growth and wants to see you succeed. If your career ambitions include leadership and further advancement, our network of supported locations offer many opportunities to help you meet your goals. Heartland Dental's network of supported locations is expected to double in size within the next five to seven years and new opportunities will be created to support that growth.
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Free dental services for yourself and your dependents minus lab fees
- Vision care support
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan
- 6 paid holidays off
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture
- Potential for 2 weeks vacation available
As an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant at a Heartland Dental supported office, you will organize and maintain lab equipment, take and develop X-rays and provide comprehensive post-operative dental procedures to patients.
Additional responsibilities of the Expanded Duties Dental Assistant include:
- Taking and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs
- Assisting the dentist in managing dental emergencies
- Improving your clinical skills and acumen through participation in continuing education and training opportunities offered by Heartland Dental
Job Requirement - Expanded Duties Dental Assistant - EDDA - Dental Assistant:
As an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant, you must have a positive and outgoing personality, exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, excellent patient care skills and strong organizational skills.
Additional requirements for the Expanded Duties Dental Assistant include:
- Superior working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Good manual dexterity
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to travel at least once every other month for training, occasionally overnight
- Dental assisting school certificate is a plus
- Previous work experience in a dental practice is a plus