NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Dental Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate The Dental Assistant assists the dentist on all modalities of dentistry (operatory, oral surgeon, endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, pediatric dentistry). Practice four-handed dentistry. The assistant also assumes the standards of care related to infection control; all OSHA guidelines & safety are upheld at the station they are assigned. The assistant exposes, develops and mounts radiographs properly, sets trays & prepares room before accepting or discharging a patient. They are expected to assure a patients comfort while waiting for the dentist. The assistant is responsible to sterilize hand pieces, transport instruments for sterilization, I.D. any inoperable equipment, light lab work, document patient records as dentist dictates information, & comply with all standards & policies & procedures of the department.
- Provide chairside assistance to the dentist, utilizing proper four handed dentistry procedures and observing universal precautions/protocols and sterile techniques
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and age related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area
- Pours and trims patient study models in the dental laboratory. Complete laboratory forms accurately
- Documents patient records as dictated by dentist. Assists the dentist in filling out charts accurately and processing the patients forms and records
- Sterilizes and/or disinfects instruments and hand pieces following guidelines of the Dental Department Infection Control Manual
- Cleans instruments and prepares them for sterilization
- Assures patients comfort while waiting for the dentist.
- Maintain dental operatory in an organized and clean fashion. Assures that appropriate instruments and supplies are available
- Takes, exposes, develops and mounts radiographs properly (when applicable).
- Assumes the standards of care related to infection control; all OSHA guidelines & safety are upheld at the station they are assigned.
- Compliance with hospital, health center and departmental policies and procedures
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma
1 year experience of chairside dental assisting
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.