Dental Assistant (Part-Time)
CLASSIFICATION/STATUS: Non-exempt, Part Time, Permanent
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Coordinator of Dental Services
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
WHO YOU ARE:
YOUR ROLE & IMPACT
As part of a dynamic team at Charles River Community Health (CRCH), a healthcare practice providing comprehensive and compassionate care to underserved communities, the Dental Assistant will play a critical role in the seamless execution of dental services by increasing patient flow and productivity. The Dental Assistant will work to decrease the workload of the Individual Provider/Dentist to support the overall goal of providing quality dental care.
- Under the direct supervision of the Dentist and/or Hygienist, assist during patient exam(s) and treatment(s) chairside.
- Take digital radiographic images at the direction of a dental provider.
- Responsible for ensuring that the images are stored in the appropriate digital file.
- Prepare operatory for dental treatment by arranging dental instruments, materials and medications.
- Prepare restorative materials and dental procedures.
- Keep oral operating areas clear during treatment.
- Sterilize instruments using autoclave and chemical disinfectants, maintain equipment.
- Assist in laboratory procedures as directed by the Dentist.
- Clean operatory areas units, chairs, cabinets, and counters as needed. Adhere to infection control and OSHA policies.
- Provide patient information and education as directed.
- Work collaboratively with other Health Center staff in meeting JCAHO accreditation and other regulatory and/or funding requirements.
- Perform general cleanup of lab areas and radiological equipment.
- Maintain inventory of materials used and order supplies in conjunction with the Dental Director, in absence of Senior Dental Assistant.
- Perform reception duties in the absence of the receptionist.
- Assist in the training of new staff members.
- Participate in various Health Center activities and committees as required.
- May perform other services as deemed necessary by the Dentist and/or Hygienist.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, TRAITS
- Graduate of High School required with at least one year of work experience.
- Must possess and maintain current Dental Assistant License from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Radiograph certification required within a year
- Basic knowledge of dental terminology and procedures preferred.
- Must be familiar with the proper handling and storage of digital sensors.
- Familiarity with dental/medical office routine helpful.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience in diverse culture preferred.
- Must be able to work in both locations, Brighton and/or Waltham, when needed.
- Must be willing to work during Health Center/Dental Department's operational hours.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Charles River Community Health�s mission is to improve the health and well-being of the communities of Allston, Brighton, Waltham and surrounding areas by providing quality, compassionate, coordinated care that is patient-centered, family friendly, and community focused.
CRCH is a comprehensive practice providing medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, optical, and vision services to diverse underserved local communities. We serve over 15,000 patients annually, and 80% of those served are well below the poverty line while over 60% speak in a language other than English.
We are committed to providing patients with timely access to the right care, at the right place and at the right time, collaborating with other organizations to connect patients with a comprehensive range of services and provide continuity of care, and creating new community partnerships to meet the changing needs of patients and the community.
We value caring for everyone with dignity, respect, and compassion, reducing cultural, financial and other barriers to care, and eliminating health care disparities for our patients. We also advocate for the needs of our patients, the community, and public health causes.
If you are passionate about providing access to quality and compassionate care to the underserved, you will find your career rewarding and impactful. As Dental Assistant, you will be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team with a shared vision to break down barriers in delivering healthcare excellence!
OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
Medical & Dental Insurance
Short & Long-term Disabilty Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
Tickets at Work
Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Professional Development Opportunities
Solid track record of developing and promoting employees internally!