POSITION TITLE: DENTAL ASSISTANT - PEDIATRICS
Under the direct supervision of the Dental Assistant Pediatric Coordinator and the Dental Assistant OR Coordinator, incumbent is responsible for assisting all pediatric dental providers in the delivery of dental care to patients and performing those procedures allowable according to Florida State Dental Laws and other duties authorized by providers and supervisors.
You Will Need:
- Certificate of completion from the Dental Assistant program with Expanded Duties as defined by the Florida Dental Statutes.
- Certification and one-year practical experience preferred.
- CPR (provided by SCHC within 6 months of hire)
- Calm demeanor with the ability to work with children and manage challenging situations.
- Familiarity with CDT codes and common dental terminology.
- Proficiency in English is required and Spanish preferred but not required.
1. Support Suncoast Dental Department and ancillary staff in the delivery of quality dental services to patients by performing those procedures identified as allowable according to Florida State Dental Laws and other duties authorized by Dentists and Supervisors.
2. Assist Dentist and Hygienists in the delivery of patient care.
3. Keep dental rooms, hospital OR, dental lab and sterilization areas organized and sanitized at all times, to ensure the areas are free from hazards.
4. Prepare patients for dental treatment by taking and recording of height, weight, and blood pressure of patient.
5. Help providers manage dental emergencies to include administering CPR
6. Contribute to team effort by becoming proficient to promote a smooth workflow.
7. Comply with all facility policies and procedures including but not limited to those addressing OSHA standards, HIPAA and Compliance.
8. Provide coverage at various Pediatric Dental Department clinics as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.