- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Chestnut Hills Dental was founded in 1970 in an eastern suburb of Monroeville and affiliated with American Dental Partners in 1997. We provide quality, convenience and affordable care to over 50,000 patients in the western PA area at our twelve practice locations. Our group consists of General Dentists, Specialty Dentists, Hygienists, a team of Dental Assistants, and an operational support team. Chestnut Hills Dental has been accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care.
As a Dental Assistant with our practice, you will be responsible for assisting our providers in delivering quality care to patients.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a team environment, have a “can do” personality, and be able to complete their assigned work in a timely fashion. In addition, a Dental Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to patient satisfaction.
- Understand and demonstrate proper sterilization, biohazard and infection control procedures in compliance with protocol.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of dental terminology, instruments, maintenance, and proper tray setups.
- Perform all chairside procedures efficiently.
- Efficiently direct patient flow through teamwork and communication.
- Perform all necessary lab procedures.
- Uphold a positive rapport with staff members and patients at all times.
- Demonstrate safe and cost effective practices when utilizing supplies and equipment.
- Assist office in achieving defined goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- One year certified dental assistant program; or
- Six months on-the-job experience; or
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- PA X -ray certification required
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance to full time employees, as well as a professional work environment and opportunities for advancement.
- Job Location
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
- Position Type