The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified Dental Assistant to provide chairside assistance to faculty members and residents in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery / University Dental Health Services.
While providing chairside support of surgical procedures and patient sedation, the Assistant will be responsible for:
- maintaining an aseptic environment
- following OSHA and infection control guidelines
- following HIPAA guidelines.
He/she will also assist in:
- maintaining and dispensing inventory and instrument cassettes
- maintaining patient records
- scheduling follow-up visits
- collecting fees and co-pays
- ordering supplies
- miscellaneous clerical duties
Must have completed formal dental assisting program or have 2 years of experience in assisting. Experience with surgical procedures and/or other dental procedures involving patient sedation is strongly preferred.