The University of Pittsburgh is seeking a qualified Dental Assistant for the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
- Independently performing specialized procedures and maintaining and sterilizing all oral surgery instruments/trays
- Setting up operating rooms with appropriate oral instruments for surgical procedures
- Monitoring infection control policies
- Scheduling patients and maintaining departmental supplies, clinic utilization records, and student clinic evaluations
- Supervising dental students and dental hygiene students in the skills, aseptic techniques, and methods of maintaining a modern oral and maxillofacial surgery practice
Training in and completion of an accredited dental assisting program.