Under the direct supervision of the Office Manager and general supervision of the Chief Dental Officer, the Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients by performing the following duties.
It is the primary purpose of CHCCC to provide the highest quality of total care possible to the patient population it serves. Such a level of quality depends ultimately on the staff's desire and ability to work together, individually, and as a team. The employee is expected to be professional, punctual, maintain regular attendance, cooperative, organized, and enthusiastic at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Exposes dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Schedules appointments, prepares bills and receives payment for dental services, completes insurance forms, and maintains clerical records.
- Applies protective coating of fluoride to teeth. Places rubber dam. Places temporary fillings. Performs coronal polishing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
RDA Requirements (preferred):
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school in Dental Assisting. One years work experience preferred. Possession of current, valid Registered Dental Assisting license issued by the state of California including x-ray license and coronal polish license. Possession of current, valid, California driver’s license (Class C) and CPR (BLS-C) card.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
High school diploma or GED certificate. Possession of current, valid, California driver’s license (Class C) and CPR (BLS-C) card. Completion of accredited course in dental assisting (preferred).
For full time positions CHC offers the following: Life insurance. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance. 401k Retirement plan. Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. Paid jury duty and bereavement time. Employee Assistance Program.
For more information or a complete job description please contact Madisyn Masatani at firstname.lastname@example.org.