Are you an outstanding dental assistant looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level? Do you want to spend your days with a team of professionals who love making a difference in the lives of their patients in a fast paced and fun environment? If so, our Seattle General and Speciality Dental Practice is preparing for expansion and offering a unique opportunity for an accomplished leader to join our extraordinary team. We are currently hiring for a dental assistant.
We value clinical excellence delivered with compassion, mutual respect, clear communication, laughter, and teamwork. If you...
- Are obsessively positive
- Possesses a whatever-it-takes attitude
- Passionate about Excellence
- Are great with computer and technology
- And you are detail orientated, self-motivated, and a team player,
then this may be the opportunity for you. This role will rapidly evolve for the right person. Job has opportunity to become Full Time for the right candidate. Position includes holiday pay, PTO, medical insurance, 401K and more!
To participate in the selection process, please submit a complete resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this role be email.
Daily tasks include but may not be limited to:
- Greet patients when they sign in and monitor arrival time
- Set up treatment rooms for procedures
- Escort patients to treatment room
- Seat patients in treatment rooms
- Show care and concern, and help patients feel comfortable
- Obtain and review health histories according to office protocol
- Ensure patients are always attended
- Anticipate and assist dentist’s needs
- Perform expanded functions and other tasks as assigned by the dentist
- Mix dental materials
- Chairside dental assisting for various dental procedures
- Ensure patients’ questions are answered thoroughly before they leave
- Chart patients and record date, service rendered and any charges
- Escort patients from the treatment room
- Ensure proper treatment notes are recorded in patient’s chart
- Perform clinical procedures as practice act allows and as directed by dentist
- Give patient instruction and demonstrate when necessary
- Monitor patient flow
- Notify Treatment Coordinator if a patient should be called in the evening after a difficult appointment
Treatment Room Management and Sterilization
- Keep dental units ready, stocked and clean
- oversee cleanliness of the treatment room according to sterilization procedures
- Disinfect treatment rooms according to OSHA regulations
- Sterilize all instruments and handpieces according to OSHA regulations
- Keep trays, instruments and treatment room drawers organized
- ensure that office sterilization procedures document is on display
- Promptly send out and monitor all dental laboratory cases
- implement the preventative maintenance/cleaning schedule for dental equipment
- maintain dental office emergency kits and nitrous and oxygen tanks
- follow laboratory procedures according to office protocol
- Securely store and handle patient records in compliance with state and federal requirements, including the HIPPA privacy and security regulations
- Accurately file patient information
- Arrange patient charts and radiographs for next day’s appointments
- Track cases and referrals to and from other doctors
- Assist in the administration of the recall system
- Monitor inventory and order dental office supplies as needed
- Ensure that treatment rooms are stocked at all times
- Help in other areas of the office when necessary (i.e., answering phones, unpacking supplies, completing insurance forms, moving former patient records, etc.)
- Be an active participant in team meetings
- Promote team concept by interacting with others in the office
General Supervision Duties
- Extra-oral duties or procedures specified by the supervising licensed dentist, provided that these duties or procedures meet the definition of a basic supportive procedure.
- Operate dental radiography equipment for the purpose of oral radiography if the dental assistant has completed an approved radiation safety course or passed a radiation safety exam.
- Perform intraoral and extraoral photography.
Direct Supervision Duties
- Apply nonaerosol and noncaustic topical agents.
- Apply topical fluoride.
- Take intraoral impressions for all non-prosthodontic appliances.
- Take facebow transfers and bite registrations.
- Place and remove rubber dams or other isolation devices.
- Chairside assisting during various dental procedures
- Place, wedge, and remove matrices for restorative procedures.
- Remove post-extraction dressings after inspection of the surgical site by the supervising licensed dentist.
- Perform measurements for the purposes of orthodontic treatment.
- Cure restorative or orthodontic materials in operative site with a light-curing device.
- Remove periodontal dressings.
- Remove sutures after inspection of the site by the dentist.
- Place patient monitoring sensors.
- Monitor patient sedation, limited to reading and transmitting information from the monitor display during the intraoperative phase of surgery for electrocardiogram waveform, carbon dioxide and end tidal carbon dioxide concentrations, respiratory cycle data, continuous noninvasive blood pressure data, or pulse arterial oxygen saturation measurements, for the purpose of interpretation and evaluation by a supervising licensed dentist who shall be at the patient's chairside during this procedure.
- Assist in the administration of nitrous oxide when used for analgesia or sedation. A dental assistant shall not start the administration of the gases and shall not adjust the flow of the gases unless instructed to do so by the supervising licensed dentist who shall be present at the patient's chairside during the implementation of these instructions
Employment Type: Full Time