The Dental Assistant will perform a variety of technical duties to assist in the examination and treatment of patients: perform related duties involved in the care and maintenance of dental instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Minimum High School graduate or equivalent.
- Graduate from a dental assistant school required.
Experience: Requires one (2) years of experience as a dental assistant.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Good oral and written communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Capable of performing in an environment with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Knowledge and understanding of dental procedures, terminology and techniques.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: CPR; Nitrous Oxide Certified
- Prepares patient, sterilizes, disinfects, and logs instruments;
- Sets up instrument trays, prepares dental materials.
- Assists in the dental treatment of patients to include seating patients, providing dentist with instruments and equipment, charting examinations and treatment results on patient record.
- Assists dentist during dental procedures; prepares patient, obtains health history, vitals and consent forms.
- Handles impressions and model pour ups.
- Expose radiographs and develop.
- Monitors and records nitrous oxide treatment.
- Observes patient during procedures and alerts dentist to sudden changes in patient's condition; administer emergency procedure as required.
- Give post-op instructions.
- Records treatment information and scans documents in patient records.
- Performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleanings, polishing, fluoride varnish and fluoride.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary to be discussed with qualified candidates.