CareSTL Health is seeking a talented, outgoing, and competent Dental Assistant to support the clinical treatment care of our patients.
- Demonstrates through behavior, CareSTL Health core values of customer service, community collaboration, comprehensive, compassion and competence.
- Receive patient: update medical history/ insurance verification / check receipt for payment accuracy
- Make follow-up appointment along with giving patient co-pay information for next visit.
- Prepare the patient for services to be rendered by the Dentist (neck napkin, instruments, diagnostic x-rays) and have consent forms signed, blood pressure taken prior to dentist entering room and within a 10 minutes of patient being seated.
- Assist dentist in charting and treatment plan (insurance prior authorization if necessary)
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper dental charting using Dentrix
- Chair side assisting using four handed dentistry
- Keep work area clean in accordance with OSHA guidelines
- Other related job duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an ADA certified Dental Assisting Program or leading to certificate required
- 1-2 yrs experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and self-motivational skills
- Sterilization process of Instruments
- Good record keeping abilities
- Must have reliable transportation
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (licenses, programs, certificates, pre-employment check and post and annual screening(s):
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Current Registration with the Missouri Family Care Safety Registry
- Annual PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Copy of Certificate or Official Transcripts Completion in and ADA certified Dental Assisting Program