JOB SUMMARY: Assist in providing general dental and clerical support to the Dental Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keeps the operatory neat and clean during procedures and disinfect thoroughly before each patient arrives. Keep hand pieces properly maintained. Ensure that vacuum lines, unit, chair, light instruments, and tray set-ups are thoroughly disinfected and properly sterilized at all times.
- Assists the dentist or dental hygienist in transfer of instruments utilizing approved dental assisting principles.
- Exposes and processes x-rays and duplicate when necessary. Ensure that all x-rays are suitable for diagnosis; also taking digital x-rays.
- Properly dispose of bio-hazardous materials.
- Assists in the evaluation of emergency patients.
- Takes vital signs and review patient health history, updating as necessary.
- Lays out necessary instruments for procedures.
- Restocks rooms as necessary.
- Provides translation and interpretation for patients as necessary.
- Provides patient management for the department.
- Assists with training of new staff.
- Provides front office back-up support as necessary.
- Maintains current CPR certificates.
- Prepares for mutual goal setting sessions with supervisor and accomplishes goals as they are set.
- Works in accordance with Morton Comprehensive Health Service Statement, as published by the Board of Directors.