For nearly 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to all San Diegans. With more than 1,800 employees spread throughout 40 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it serves.
The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate about improving the overall health and livelihood of your community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.
Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a Dental Assistant to assists team members in maintaining an efficient functioning Dental Department. You enjoy partnering with and supporting the dental team to provide excellence in dental services to every patient.
DA I – At this level, the DA performs with prompting and guidance from the Dental provider, and is actively developing skills and competencies.
DA II - At this level, the DA II performs their duties under limited supervision, providing support through well-developed skills and knowledge of practices and procedures.
- Accurately charts diagnosis of providers, assisting the front office as needed with charts, recalls, billing, x-rays and filing.
- Assists both dentist and hygienist chair side as needed. Provides accurate translation of communication of treatment and information between patients and providers.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, in a timely manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in addition, documentation complies with patients' insurance requirements.
- Maintains instruments and equipment, sterilization, tray set-ups, unit stocking-preparations to facilitate efficiency, quality care with patient, and provider satisfaction. Maintains equipment including x-ray equipment, sterilizers, vacuum system dental units, and hand pieces. Uses resources efficiently; practices in a cost-effective manner.
- Performs DA duties, including instrument processing and sterilization. Takes x-rays that are of good diagnostic quality, acceptable to providers and 3rd party payers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited program for dental assistants or equivalent on-the-job training.
- Dental x-ray Certificate.
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR (BLS) certification required.
- 1 year experience as a dental assistant preferred (required for DA II).
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- Job type: Regular Full Time, Part Tine & Per Diem
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness Programs
FHCSD was founded by community activists working towards a common goal: caring, affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine and providing culturally competent care to the medically underserved.