MUST HAVE DENTAL EXPERIENCE.
Children's Dental FunZone is seeking a Full-time experienced Dental Assistant for our West Los Angeles location; we are a Pediatric and Orthodontic dental office.
Please do not reply if you do not have any dental experiences. Needs to have a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic. Please make sure the office is not far from where you live. We are open every Saturday. Dentrix knowledge is a plus.
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with Pre/Post OP instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Taking needed pre-op/post-op x-ray for necessary insurances. Ex: XB, Space maintainer, etc.
- Know the office emergency exit plans.
- Know where to find eye wash stations.
- Chart/enter treatment into Dentrix.
- Paid time off.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs.
- Other types of insurance.
- Retirement benefits or accounts.
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts.
- Flexible schedules.