FULL TIME + FULL BENEFITS
Our office is seeking a friendly Expanded Function Dental Assistant to support the clinical treatment care of our patients. This position will play a large role in the provision of effective and trustworthy dental services. You will sustain patient comfort, soothe upset patients, listen to their needs and educate them on dental procedures. You will also manage clinical supplies, work efficiently to maintain the supported dentist’s schedule and adhere to all OSHA and company safety policies. This position will organize and maintain lab equipment, take and develop X-rays and provide comprehensive post-operative dental procedures to patients. Additional responsibilities include:
- Taking and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs
- Assisting the dentist in managing dental emergencies
- Improving your clinical skills and acumen through participation in continuing education and training opportunities offered
Job Requirements: as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant, you must have a positive and outgoing personality, exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, excellent patient care skills and strong organizational skills. Additional requirements include:
- Superior working knowledge of dental procedures and terminology
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Good manual dexterity
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Dental assisting school certificate is a plus
- Previous work experience in a dental practice is a plus
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.