Platt College is seeking an instructor for our Dental Assisting program. This is an excellent opportunity to use your experience as a Dental Assistant to teach others seeking education and training
Instructors are responsible for teaching students in our training programs in classroom and hands-on lab settings, ensuring that they gain the knowledge and skills that are required for entry-level employment in their chosen field. Instructors are also responsible for sound educational practices and the academic development of each student. Instructors will also manage their classroom environment and promote a positive and engaging learning experience, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to model" the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
- Ensure that each student has been presented with the material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student s program of study
- Ensure that instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, are properly maintained and are in working order prior to class time
- Participate in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license
- Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies guidelines, along with internal policies of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED, and/or proof of completion of related vocational training program.
- Verifiable work experience including a minimum of three years verifiable Dental Assisting experience within the last ten years
- Must be certified or licensed where required by law
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups of employees and customers
- Demonstration of highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all aspects, including appearance, demeanor, and attitude
- Ability to work in an observation/coaching style environment
- Capability to prioritize, accept responsibility, and work within deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem-resolution skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Solid computer software skills including Microsoft Office
- Previous experience teaching in an education setting and/or experience with training employees within the industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and accreditation regulations applicable to the proprietary education industry
Campus is licensed by OBPVS